Ford Model A Pickup Restoration October 2006

In October I had not very much time to work on my Ford. I had also other jobs to do like searching where I can get some parts.

Restoration October 2006

Until now I have only installed my front brake rods. For my last test drive this year I wanted to activate also the rear brake. Since the the rod did not fit with the anti rattler, I had to remove some material with a Dremel and repaint the rod.

On my Tips & Tricks site you can find a new topic which describes how I mix 2k colors for spot repairs like the one above. See Color mixing .

Restoration October 2006

Another task was to prepare some wooden test samples like this one where I will test the behavior of the glue, sanding surfacer and color during the cold wintertime.

Restoration October 2006

This sample is sanded now and will be painted later. In spring I will see if the products I'm testing are good enough for my Model A.

Restoration October 2006

This pear tree had lot of pears this year and this was too much weight for one branch. That's the reason why a branch on the left hand side has broken.

Restoration October 2006

Since I was looking for a suitable piece of wood for my sheet metal jobs, I decided to use a part of the branch for that purpose.

Restoration October 2006

Without the bark it is perfect for this job.

Restoration October 2006

These are aluminum panels which will be used inside the cabin on the floor.

Restoration October 2006

It has exactly the same pyramid shape like the originals on the car.

Restoration October 2006

This is the aluminum angle profile from the running board. I'm still searching where I can get this type of angle profile.




      Copyright ©  2001-2018 Markus Maurer - all rights reserved    |  Last modified: 29.10.2006  |  Print Page