Ford Model A Pickup Restoration January 2010

At the beginning of 2010 I did mainly some woodwork.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

At the cabin, I first mounted the sunroof with some nails.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

As shown in previous months, I have all the holes previously closed with toothpicks or ash wood. So I had a solid base and all the nails hold very well.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

On the side these angles were fixed.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

But now follows the carpentry work. Here you can see all the wooden window frames and as you can see, the condition seems not to be the best one.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

The lower timbers of the side doors were severely weathered.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

But after a little bit sanding some good wood comes to light.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

I've done the grinding work with the machine. Only at the end I completed the finishing touch by hand.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

After some time the result looks as if the wood was new.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

Three profiles were rotten and I had to make new ones.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

The treatment with the router was not easy and I had to edit the final form with a plane.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

On the left hand side are the newly made profiles and on the right you can see the old ones.

Ford Model A Restoration January 2010

For comparison, you can see here from left: the original profile, then follows the polished original and on the right side the newly made. The difference in color of the right two is minimal.




      Copyright ©  2001-2017 Markus Maurer - all rights reserved    |  Last modified: 03.02.2010  |  Print Page